Saturday, July 16, 2011

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (until forever)

Lookitlookitlookit! This is GREAT!

Alright, you watch this video while I calm my glee:


Ok. So where do I even start. This is FANTASTIC. And I mean it's fantastic in the way that the original Batman live-action TV series was fantastic. You know when something is so bad it comes back around and becomes great? This is that.

The people talking in the background. Here's what they say:

Kid: "What is that?"
Man: "Woahhhh!"
Woman: "It is Bigfoot!"

Alrighty. This is what they would say in real life:

Kid: "What is that?!?!?!"
Man: "I dunno. A man in a King-Kong costume?"
Woman: "That's a little bizarre."
Man: "Yeah... Call the cops."

Which actually would probably make a more entertaining video. What's also great is that it looks like it was filmed mid-seizure. They sound fairly calm. So, now, let me ask you this, if you saw a Bigfoot, and you had the peace of mind to go grab a video camera and "make history", wouldn't you make for damn sure that you got some good, solid footage? I know I would.

I also like that the various websites that have posted it all say something to the effect of "Could be real, could be fake. You decide." NO. That is not how it works. Something is either real or fake. YOU do not get to decide what is real. Leaving it open-ended like that just fuels people's irrationality and tendency to believe what they want to believe. It's just asking for trouble.

Ultimately what it comes down to is that this video is so clearly fake that it shouldn't be presented as anything other than fake. An entertaining fake, but still a fake. I mean really. We can do better, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment